Sunday, July 24, 2022

Lost in thought -



Today I was treated to a new watch, mainly because I stupidly went in the swimming pool in my old one. Guess what, yes it broke, well not technically completely, but the face came off so it’s sort of difficult to wear. So today I had to get a new one. 

Now strangely this morning I had this email sent to me about mindfulness and the fact today we all live in an age of “Busy” and since the origins of ‘busy’ are mental.  It can suggest we can become “Mentally Tired” because we tend to do this:


We become lost in thought, thinking constantly about things to do, what’s been done, what could have been done, what was done wrong, what should have been done but wasn’t, what others did, are doing, should do, must do.  (Brahma Kumari 2022) 


This email message reminded me that I have forgotten how to bring my mind home. How to take time out. To stop and just listen and breath. Then, before I knew it I got caught up in the day and I didn’t do any mindfulness. 


So, where is this going? Well tonight, my new watch sent me an alert to take a moment to pause, to remind me to reflect and sit still and let silly thoughts go. So I did and it then got me in the right frame of mind to write this, which is my reminder for you to do the same. 


Take a minute to breath and reflect and let go….. take a minute to sit still, and allow your thoughts to come but let them go, and help yourself to rediscover who you are.







 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment