Thursday, July 28, 2022

Inspiration

Creative time


Over the past two years, well since we went into lockdown back in March 2021, I have belonged to an amazing art group that was started by a fabulous lady called Sam Morris. Sam started an online course called “Inspired to paint” - it would be very rude of me not to include a link to her website, so you can see more about Sam and her work - click here


Well, all I can say is that Sam’s workshops helped me find my key to unlock my creativity and I have not looked back. So “thank you” Sam..


Not only has Sam been an inspiration to me, but my lovely fellow artists who I met on Sam’s course, who have become such great friends. They have all inspired and motivated in one way or another, through their own work, or their words of encouragement. They have shown me that I should never give up. That I should never be afraid to push myself. A big ‘thank you’ to the Wednesday get together group….


I do feel everyone needs inspiration to motivate themselves to be involved in an activity that will give “self joy”  no matter what that is. It doesn’t have to be a work of art, or a photo, or a sewing project. It can be something as simple as just listening. Listening  to someone talking or listening to wildlife sounds. 


Listening is a very powerful way to inspire someone. You give them the space to chatter about what they want, or need to do, without you telling them what they should do, or what you would do.

This way it will enable them to find their own inner inspiration and become motivated to go out there and do it…. Never underestimate the power of silence and allowing and giving someone space to talk. 

One of my favourite quotes on listening is this: 

Nonverbal communication speaks louder than verbal communication”    Luke Shen Tein Chi 
                                                                         


 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment