Friday, October 16, 2015

How easy is it to take a step

Ikon Gallery Exhibition

Today, I had my first physio I turned up in my wheelchair, since I am not yet confident to use my crutches outside. I had a very helpful Physio, who like most people looked shocked when they realised I  broke both ankles.


I think my most embarrassing  moment was when he said, "ok let's  check these ankles out" and I try to remove the three pairs of socks from my left foot, yep threne, well it was a cold day and my toes do get cold. When I finally manged to get them off,  I could not believe what happened next. It was like a snow storm.

 All the dry skin which I have been trying to remove suddenly decides to make a quick exit.  "Oh great" I say " that's so attractive"

"Oh don't worry about that, I have seen much worse" says Physio guy, what I think, how worse can it get.

But, he did an amazing job in getting me to walk again, with ease. I am now able to walk with my new crutches, it has given me such a sense of achievement.  I am not going to say it was easy, because trust me it was very painful. Now I don't do pain, I have a very low threshold and must admit I am a bit of a wimp.  So when I got home, I confess I took two codeine...big mistake. My words became slurred and I slumped on the sofa and stayed there all afternoon and night..

Mental note to self, stick to paracetamol



.

No comments:

Post a Comment