Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Big Day out

Today I ventured out without my wheelchair.  I was feeling brave, plus I had my magic boot to keep me safe and my fabulous crutches to get about. My amazing friend Jill was there every step of the way. I had an excellent time.  Was it easy, well yes and no. "Yes", because I had the support of my buddy, and yes I was pain free whilst walking, trust me that was a blessing.

The "no" was the energy it took out of me to get around. People trying to walk into you, "hello I am not invisable, you cannot walk through me." Then there was the trick of trying to balance yourself whilst picking up an item, and at the same time holding onto your crutches.  Now that takes a special skill. Which I am pleased to inform I have mastered quite well.

So, what do you do when your energy takes a beating, your arms start to shake, your knees start to wobble. There is only one thing you should do. Eat cake and have a coffee and girly chat.

That's exactly what we did. Bliss 

  



Now, not content with an afternoon out, Hubbie and I went to our wonderful local Balboa Class. I can hear the cogs whirling around in your brain saying to yourself, no way she didn't dance, did she? Wow that boot really must be magical!

Well I confess, as much as I would have loved to join in I was content to sit with hubbie and watch.  The music got my right foot a tapping and I was humming away and in my own little world I was dancing.



Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment